Educated in Arts, literature, town planning and environmental ethics, she is a planner, author, educator, facilitator and consultant, working primarily in planning and development in Australia and overseas.
Contents of this website
On this website, you will find information about the following:
1. More about me and my credentials: http://www.sarkissian.com.au/home/meet-dr-wendy-sarkissian/
2. My films and videos: http://www.sarkissian.com.au/films-and-videos-by-with-and-about-wendy-sarkissian/
3. My publications: http://www.sarkissian.com.au/publications/
4. My consulting services (social planning, housing, community engagement, placemaking, workshops and training and keynote addresses):
5. My PhD thesis and doctoral research on an ethic of caring for Nature: http://www.sarkissian.com.au/doctoral-research_by-wendy-sarkissian-phd
1. community engagement resources
2. personal posts
3. professional posts
4. posts from the bush
5. the Radio Hashbrown Blog
7. Contact details for me and my speakers’ agent, Renegade Management: http://www.sarkissian.com.au/contacts-for-wendy-sarkissian-phd/
You can also access a wide range of free resources, including my two very popular manuals for community engagement:
- Speaking Out for Your Community: Sarkissian SpeakOut Training Notes 2011_low small
Based on the SpeakOut book, this is the ultimate checklist for designing, planning and managing SpeakOuts and community workshops.
- Notes for Facilitators and Recorders: NOTES_FOR_FACILITATORS_22Apr2013small
Based on years of experience, this manual grew out of our office training materials and provides specific guidance for facilitators, recorders and listeners in SpeakOuts and community meetings and workshops.